Roofing is an all-year-round activity for most roofing contractors, and for them, there is no specific time to do it. However, house owners themselves need to choose the best time when they feel they have adequately planned for it. This comes in handy when dealing with high roofing costs. Besides, planning makes it easier for both house owners and contractors in terms of costs and labor.
Arlington roofing contractors provide you with reliable information on when and why you may need to replace your faulty roof.
What makes the best roofing season?
It is crucial to consider just a good season with better weather conditions and the availability of roofing materials and contractors. Many roofing companies experience their busiest roofing periods from summer and into autumn. This is the time when roofs can be kept consistently dry throughout the replacement period. However, the costs during this time can be slightly higher due to the increased demand for roof replacements.
Just so you feel the need to replace your roof, however, you must go ahead doing that. It does not require any defined season to replace your roof so long as you feel it will be safer for you and that you are capable of doing it. After all, roofing contractors and companies will be ready to offer you service at any time of the year.
If you want to be a diligent homeowner who’s taking steps towards improving their house, it’s time to get serious about your roofing system, including the ventilation.
The seasons to do roof replacement
This is the busiest season for roofing companies. Owners become more attentive to their house roofs, checking for faults and trying to repair them for the coming winter season. During this time, everyone becomes more proactive and starts demanding roof repair services from all over.
As a result, this slight hitch has the cost of roof replacement soars compared to other seasons of lesser demand. So, replacing it during this time puts you at a disadvantage of incurred higher costs. But, if there is a call for urgency, well then, you can go ahead replacing it, but make sure that you adequately plan for it for you to be able to maneuver through the high costs.
This is the time when roofing companies may still not be readily available due to overdue tasks that they may be required to complete from the autumn demand. So it is probably not an ideal time to plan for your roof replacement.
Again, materials like tiles and shingles can be hard to work on during this time, especially when temperatures fall below 39 degrees Fahrenheit. Shingles need thermal sealing so that they can set. They freeze in cold weather and become brittle. When this happens, they break and crack easily, leading to losses and increased replacement costs.
In addition, dry ambient conditions are key in roofing because dampness induces timber rotting and may further weaken the replaced roof. It may not be long before a recently completed roof comes crumbling down in a short while.
Winter can be the hardest season to replace your roof for contractors, but if your plans fall within this timeline, then make sure you plan way ahead for it. An advantage of roofing during the winter is that the demand for roofing falls, and if you happen to get a good contractor who is qualified for the work, then your roof will be fixed at a very low cost.
So, is spring and summer the best time for your roof replacement?
Definitely, this is by far the best time to replace your damaged or leaking roof because it offers the advantage of good roofing conditions. Temperatures are normally a bit higher for shingles and tiles, giving an optimal chance to use them for roofing.
Again, roofing companies are easily accessible during this season because the demand for roof repairs falls way below. Besides that, the cost for replacing roofs is normally low; therefore, it becomes pocket-friendly for homeowners.
Summer is an off-peak season where roof faults are not as evident. Homeowners tend to be comfortable because the weather does not actively provoke worry than when it is wet and windy in the autumn.
Why does your roof need replacing?
You must check your roof more frequently and establish whether you would need a replacement sooner or later. This will help you avoid further damage from minor faults and rather compound the replacement costs. Be sure to check on the following signs of roof damages
- Your mortar falling is a clear indication of detachment. Make an effort to add new mortar to maintain the adhesive between the roof tiles.
- Light penetrating through your roof. This could be a sign of existing gaps that could allow for seepage of water through the roof.
- Water leaks. This could result from damaged mortars or loose roof tiles.
- Sagging along the roof. This could be caused by the weakening of timber or other roofing materials. A clear indication that your roof is begging for your attention.
- Debris in your gutters. This does not necessarily call for replacing an entire roof, but it is a good sign that your roof needs your attention. Be sure to clean them frequently to avoid clogging.
- Timber rotting. Old rotting timber should be replaced immediately to prevent further weakening of the roof structure. Water seepages through the roof can also take a toll on roofing timber. It is also important to ensure that no seepages occur.
- Loose roof tiles. Constant freeze and that can dislodge roof tiles, making them loose. In case this happens, reinforcing could do better.
- Damaged flashing. When they crack or are bent up, moisture moves to the inside of the roof seams. This could cause further damage to a roof, and action has to be taken in repairing them.
It is always right to do the roof replacement earlier enough before it is too late. Replacement is cheaper than putting up a new roof.