Because when the time comes to roof installation or roof replacements, you’ll want to choose a system that best suits your needs. You need a contractor that is not only fully qualified with the type of roof you have but maybe a different type you are considering changing to.
There are different types of roofing systems commonly used in the Texas area: asphalt shingles, metal roofing, slate, terracotta tile, stone coated steel, and synthetic.
While we can’t suggest a definite “best” roofing system, we can offer something that’s may be just right for you: an asphalt shingle roof.
Asphalt Shingles roofs are the most popular type of roof in our area for several reasons.
- Relatively inexpensive compared to other options.
- They’re simpler to install and repair.
- They offer a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from.
- Asphalt shingles provide good protection against wind and hail damage.
- They last for many years with proper maintenance – 20 years or more in some cases.
Terracotta Tile roofs are another option for Texas homeowners.
Tile roofing has a few advantages over shingle roofs.
- Tile roofs are very durable and can last for 50 years or more with proper maintenance.
- Tile roofs are fire resistant, which is an important consideration in our area.
- Tile roofs can help keep your home cooler in the summertime by reflecting heat away from the surface of the roof.
However, Terracotta tile roofs pose different considerations from other types. They’re more expensive than shingle roofs at start up, and they can be more challenging to install and repair. This is why you will find in your search that not all roofers take on a terracotta tile job. Bearded Brothers Roofing expertly handles this type of roofing material and we handle it with precision.
Bearded Brothers Roofing also handle metal roofs, stone cold steel, slate and synthetic roofing. Each type has its own unique ability to protect your home. We repair and or replacement all of them and we do it very well. You’ll be pleased.
If you’re not sure which type of roofing system is right for your home, the best thing to do is consult with a professional roofer. We not only handle the roofing materials, we will first introduce you to the types and their pros and cons.
They’ll be able to inspect your roof and make recommendations based on the materials your specific needs. And, of course, if you ever have any problems with your roof, be sure to call a professional roofer for help.
With their expertise and quality, you can rest assured that your roof will be repaired or replaced properly – and that your home will be protected from the elements for years to come.